Sunday, August 10, 2014

Korean Drama: Joseon Gunman 2014

I love historical dramas especially if it is Lee Jun Ki. I know he plot is serious for most period dramas but this way, you would see how good an actor/actress is. Not only that but you would also see how good looking they really are because of the simplicity of their make-up. Since it is Jun Ki, it is a must watch. LOL


In the time of enlightenment, a battle between a sword and a gun has started.
Based in the time of enlightenment of 19th-century Joseon, this drama tells the story of Joseon's last swordsman named Park Yoon Kang who grabs a gun ditching his sword and grows to become the era's hero. Park Yoon Kang is the illegitimate son of the best swordsman in Joseon. After his father got killed, he trades sword for gun as he embarks on his revenge mission. Source: KBS World

    Title: 조선 총잡이 / Joseon Chongjapi
    Also known as: The Chosun Shooter / The Joseon Gunman / The Joseon Shooter
    Genre: Historical, melodrama, action, romance, suspense
    Episodes: 22
    Broadcast network: KBS2
    Broadcast period: 2014-Jun-25 to 2014-Sep-04
    Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 22:00

Cast:
   Lee Joon Ki as Park Yoon Kang / Hanjo
        Seo Dong Hyun as young Yoon Kang
    Nam Sang Mi as Jung Soo In
    Jun Hye Bin as Choi Hye Won
    Han Joo Wan as Kim Ho Kyung
    Yoo Oh Sung as Choi Won Shin

I have just recently watched this drama and did a marathon from the first episode up to the current episode. It took me only two days to run the whole thing since every episode is was worth watching. I have plans to watch other dramas, however, I was totally hooked into it. One reason was Jun Ki's, Hanjo character.
The first time he appeared as Hanjo, I guess it was episode 4 or 5 (I'm not sure), OMG he looked so cute, handsome, yummy, hot. HAHAHA I could only drool and watch the next episode to see more of him. hahaha You may see have noticed that most of the comments I give on my most of my post or review are mostly about the looks of the actors. I won't deny it, I watch drama's because of this reason, the plot or storyline being the second. ^_^

As for the story, it is something that we may have seen before. For historical drama, it is expected to have a serious plot. I wonder why historical drama's would always have a king as part of the character. Anyway, just like any other period drama's it revolves about revenge, an unending series of revenge where our leads would eventually find it wrong and seeks another way to gain justice. Joseon Gunman reminded me of Iljimae (still a Jun Ki) drama. I just wonder how it drama will end  since a lot of revelations have been exposed and a lo of characters have already died.

Watch Joseon Gunman at Goddrama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annyeong! I would love to hear what's in your mind. I'd also love to know where you all came from. Let's all be friends! Hugs and kisses! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...