Friday, May 20, 2016

Korean Drama: Cheese in the Trap 2016

Cheese in the Trap is based on a webtoon of the same title. As I was waiting for new episodes every week, I read some parts of the webtoon and found it a little confusing because some scenes in the webtoon and the drama were different and I believe the webtoon is still an ongoing project. I guess the writers of the drama had to create the rest of the story.

This is a Park Hae Jin drama. Yeah!! Though the female lead, Kim Go Eun, I am not so familiar with, she portrayed her character Hong Seol very well. As always, I am watching the drama because of Hae Jin-sshi. He looks so tall and skinny here whereas in My Love from the Stars, he didn't really shine then. I Loved his dark and mysterious character in this drama. Though, I believe he had also played a dark character in another drama before (I haven't watched it yet) but this one, he shined although his character is dark. You know what I mean?

Drama: Cheese in the Trap
Revised romanization: Cheese in the Trap
Hangul: 치즈 인 더 트랩
Director: Lee Yoon-Jung
Writer: Soon Ggi (original comic), Kim Nam-Hee
Network: tvN
Episodes: 16
Release Date: January 4 - March 1, 2016
Runtime: Mondays & Tuesdays 23:00
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea

Cast:
Park Hae-jin as Yoo Jung
Kim Go-eun as Hong Seol
Seo Kang-joon as Baek In-ho
Lee Sung-kyung as Baek In-ha
Park Min-ji as Jang Bo-ra
Nam Joo-hyuk as Kwon Eun-taek

Synopsis:
This drama series shows the delicate relationship between a female university student Hong Seol (Kim Go-eun) and her senior Yoo Jung (Park Hae-jin). Hong Seol does part-time jobs since her household is poor, while Yoo Jung is perfect with good academics and athletics, plus he is kind. However, Yoo Jung also seems to have a dark side with some people holding grudges against him. (AsianWiki)

Hong Seol, Hong Seol typical female character in Korean Dramas, financially challenged, strong willed, not so good looking, kind of in the geeky side but the coolest, most sought after, popular guy, Yoo Jung,  falls in love with. Top that with a love triangle with another good looking Baek In Ho (Seo Kang Joon). It is a typical rom-com drama that made me want to watch more and more in every episode. It shows how young individuals express their feelings in a relationship, how they handle every obstacle and how deep their feelings towards each other is. A young and innocent love.

Each episode is soo cute and full emotions. The funny first encounters of Hong Seol and Yoo Jung which then develops into a sweet and lovely relationship full of trials and test. I guess the biggest obstacle they had was not Baek In Ho or In Ha but Yoo Jung's father who does not approve of their relationship. In the end Yoo Jung broke up with the still physically recovering Hong Seol. The final scene though, made me smile after seeing that Yoo Jung replied to one of the many emails Hong Seol sent him after a year. Sweet.

Another reason why I am watching this is not just because of the story or plot but also because there is a bonus in the drama, Seo Kang Joon! I has such a pretty face for man. I could just melt when he plays the piano. When he played Fur Elise so well, I want my daughter to play Fur Elise too :) Hahaha He is so talented, pretty,  heart melting. This is actually my first time seeing him. I now have a new face to look forward to.  Definitely a bonus in this drama!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...