Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Korean Drama: You Who Came From The Stars 2013



SBS My love from the stars also known as You Who Came From The Stars

This drama follows The Heirs drama. Its first episode was aired on December 18, 2013.

The story revolves around the life of an alien named Do Min Joon. He came to earth 400 years ago during the Joseon Dynasty. He originally had a group of aliens came to earth to get specimens to test whether earth is a suitable place for them to live. When they landed earth, the widowed crowned princess at the time is travelling and because of the strong wind brought about by the spaceship, the vehicle that the princess rode in flew until it reached the cliff. However, instead of falling from the cliff, everything in the area stopped even the flies and the leaves froze in mid-air. The carriage that the princess is riding on is also floating in mid-air. Then came a man in black clothing, he pulled the almost falling carriage and saw a girl inside. It seemed impossible for the princess but somehow she knew that the person saved her life. Since then Do Min Joon has been with the girl and witnessed how life on earth can be so cruel. He was left by his alien troops and got stuck on earth for 400 years since then. He has witnessed several important events and still his appearance remains the same. He even must have studied every single thing on earth.On the present time, he is a lecturer at a university and lives in the 23rd floor of Golden Apt where his neighbor is Cheon Song Yi, a famous Korean actress.Their first encounter was not a very pleasant one, however, later as the story progress, he found out the Cheon Song Yi was the reincarnation of the princess he met 400 years ago. Song Yi's first love was the man who saved her from being hit by a truck 12 years ago and that was Do Min Joon. He is slowly getting attached to her and having an unusal feeling that aliens should not feel. Unfortunately, he only has 3 months left on earth because his only chance to go back to where he came from is the day that the earth is closer to the other planets. This is how Do Min Joon spent the last 3 months of stay on earth with Cheon Song Yi. Would Cheon Song Yi recognize hi as the man that saved her from before or will Do Min Joon tell her about his alien identity?

Drama: My Love From The Star (English title) / You Who Came From the Stars (literal title)
Hangul: 별에서 온 그대
Director: Jang Tae-Yoo
Writer: Park Ji-Eun
Network: SBS
Episodes: 20
Release Date: December 18, 2013 - February 20, 2014
Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 21:55
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea 
Cast: 
Jun Ji-hyun - Cheon Song-yi
Kim Soo-hyun - Do Min-joon
Park Hae-jin  - Lee Hwi-kyung
Yoo In-na - Yoo Se-mi

I only started to watch the series two days ago and I got hooked since episode 1. It's an unusual story instead of a time traveling plot that we have seen for quite some time now. Well, at least for me, I do not know about you. :) I got curios with the leads since I loved Jun Ji-Hyun from My Sassy Girl. However, she grew up, her face changed over the years. One more thing I am curious about is that of Kim Soo Hyun. I still consider myself a novice to Kdrama. Honestly, I do not watch all Korean drama's. I only watch those I think is interesting. So, Kim Soo Hyun is something for me to watch out for, I definitely will watch Moon Embracing the Sun once I am done with the drama's I am currently watching. LOL 

Going back to this drama, it has 20 episodes and so far, I don't feel being dragged by the storyline. Its pace is just right and every episode reveals something relevant to the characters. Currently, the drama is at it's 7th episode as of this writing and is getting a high viewer ratings of 40% for episode 6. Let us see how well the drama keeps its rating.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...